On August 16, 2011. The Manila Standard Today published the full text of the Professional Regulatory Board of Real Estate Service (PRBRES) Resolution 13, dubbed, “The Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA 9646, and issuance of the Guidelines on the Accreditation of Real Estate Salespersons under the same section.”
The said resolution enumerated several guidelines on the qualifications, requirements and application procedures for the PRC accreditation of real estate salesperson.
What are the qualifications in applying for a real estate salesperson accreditation at PRC?
In general, the following are the qualifications:
- Filipino citizen
- At least 2nd year in college, or has earned at least 72 units in college
- Good moral character
- Prior work experience is not required
What are the requirements for all applicants of salesperson accreditation?
- Original and photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate/Certificate of Live Birth
- Original and photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate/Contract (for married females only)
- Original NBI Clearance (must be valid)
- Passport-size photos with complete nametag below, on white background
- Recent Community Tax Certificate (CTC) or “cedula”
- Duly-accomplished application form
- Transcript of Records (TOR) showing proof of educational attainment
- Notarized 12hour- CPE certificate from an accredited service provider
What are the steps in applying for the salesperson’s license?
- Submit the filled-up or accomplished application with documents for pre-evaluation to the Office of the Secretary, PRBs or the Assistant Secretary, ORBs (3rd floor main building) at the PRC Central Office, and the Regional Offices processing counters.
- Proceed to the cashier for payment of fees P600.00 (ground floor, main building)
- Proceed to the Customer Service Center for metered documentary stamp.
- Submit duly accomplished application form to the Office of the Assistant Secretary, PRBs (3rd floor)
- Verify the status of your application at the PRC website
- Within a reasonable period, the enrolled accredited salespersons shall be issued with their identification cards (ID), containing the data or items that are material to the use thereof in their practice as real estate accredited salespersons.
- The said ID shall be renewable every year for a period of one (1) year from his/her birth month.
For those who are interested in taking CPE certificate from an accredited service provider, I would like to recommend “Cesar E. Santos Real Estate Academy, Inc.” (CES academy) they offer 12hours seminar every month, Fee is P1, 950 you are required to have it deposited in their bank account and send the deposit slip to their email, this is a very affordable seminar I’ve knew so far compare to other agency. The duration of the seminar is one and half day, payment includes snacks in 2 mornings and one afternoon, and also lunch on the first day. Certificates are issued immediately right after the seminar.
Please also note that details above may change from time to time in the future, for more information and inquiries please click here to visit their website.
If you find this post helpful to you please spread the information to your friends by clicking the share button below to share it to your Facebook or Twitter wall. Or feel free to ask questions by posting a comment below.